With effect from 1st July 2016 we will require all buyers to pre register with us. Both private and trade buyers need to register at reception to obtain a bidding number. All private bidders and depending on your trade account status, some trade account holders will be required to leave a £500.00 refundable deposit up front. If you are unsuccessful in your bids your deposit will be returned to you. Don't forget a buyers fee is payable in addition to the purchase price. A full list of Buyers Fees is on display in our reception area.
We accept payment by the following methods
Switch, Debit card, Visa or Master Card Bank
- Bank Transfer
- NextGear Capital - ask one of our team for more details
A 1.5% surcharge on all cash transactions.
There is no fee by bank transfer or debit card payments.
We no longer accept payment via credit card.
For trade account payment terms please speak to the office.
Tips for buying at auction
Do your research - we are open 5 days a week for viewing of our sale vehicles, come along and have a look at the vehicle prior to bidding.
Check the number of owners, ask if its got service history, spare keys etc, these all add to the value of the car. Our office staff are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We are not here to deceive or mislead and we will always help you as much as we can.
When bidding make sure the auctioneer knows you are making a bid and when bidding has ended if you are the successful bidder please make your way to the side of the rostrum to give your details. If you have bought the vehicle outright you may pay for it and take it away that sale. Sometimes your bid will be a provisional bid, this means the reserve price wasn't quite been met and we have to go to the vendor to see if they will accept your bid, when its our evening sale we sometimes won't get an answer until the next morning, however the office staff will keep you updated.
In addition to the purchase price a buyers fee is payable on all vehicles sold. This fee covers
- Vehicles purchased that appear on the V-Car Register (but not declared at the time of sale).
- Vehicles that have been stolen.
- Vehicles that are subject to an undercharged hire purchase agreement.
- Should a vehicle purchased be repossessed the purchase price will be repaid in full. The period of cover will be 1 year from the date of purchase of the vehicle and will be limited to the purchase price of the vehicle, subject to all legal rights being transferred to the auctioneers. The buyers fee is non refundable.
Our buyers fees are displayed in our reception area and all subject to VAT at the current rate. If you would like to open a trade account please speak to the office.